Current Trends in Turkic Linguistics
Syllabus, Master's level, 5TU600
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Turkic Languages A1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G), Pass with distinction (VG)
- Finalised by
- The Department Board, 2 September 2022
- Responsible department
- Department of Linguistics and Philology
The course is given as a freestanding course.
A Bachelor's degree with Turkic languages as the main field of study or a Bachelor's degree with another language subject as the main field of study.
To earn the grade Pass, on completion of the course students must at least be able to:
- explain the basic principles of research methodology and a research project with reference to Turkic linguistics;
- give an account of, analyse and critically review selected scholarly articles in the field of Turkic linguistics;
- clearly formulate and critically discuss theoretical and methodological issues, with a certain degree of independence;
- present the results of their own work orally and in writing.
The course takes up various topics from current research areas in Turkic linguistics, e.g. morphosyntax in Turkic languages, documentation and description of Turkic languages or historical-comparative Turkic studies.
The instruction consists of lectures and assessment. Students' own learning activities are crucial for their work during the course.
The course has two assessment components:
1. continuous oral and written assignments;
2. take-home examination.
For the grade Pass, Pass is required in all components. For the grade Pass with distinction, Pass with distinction is furthermore required in component 2.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. Special circumstances can include notification of special educational support from the university disability coordinator.
No reading list found.