New in Sweden and want to study
If you have recently arrived in Sweden and wish to study at Uppsala University there are a few things that are important to consider. Depending on what kind of educational background you have and what you want to study, different rules and application procedures apply.
To begin with, you should apply to have your previous educational qualifications evaluated. You should also acquire university-level knowledge of Swedish or English, if you do not already possess this.
Check if you meet the entry requirements for your desired level of study. If you do not meet all general and programme-specific entry requirements, you may be able to take a supplementary upper secondary course to enable you to study at Uppsala University.
Contact and more information
Contact a study and career counsellor to discuss your options and how to proceed with your studies.
More information about studying in Sweden
- studera.nu (Administrated by the Swedish Council for Higher Education, UHR)
- antagning.se (Administrated by the Swedish Council for Higher Education, UHR)
- Study in Sweden (Administrated by the Swedish Institute, SI)
- Information Sverige (Administrated by the County Administrative Boards of Sweden)
- Skola för nyanlända (Administrated by the Municipality of Uppsala)