Applying to our Bachelor's or Master's programmes and applying for our scholarships are two separate application procedures. The online application form for Uppsala University's scholarships is published on this page once the application opens.
How to apply
- Before you can apply for Uppsala University’s scholarships, you must first apply for one of Uppsala University's international Bachelor's or Master's programmes as your first priority at universityadmissions.se.
- Uppsala University's programme must be ranked as your first priority of choice. Read more about how to rank your selections.
- Do not miss the deadline! If your application on universitydmissions.se is considered late, you will not be eligible for the Uppsala University scholarships. See deadlines.
- Once you have submitted your application at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying for our scholarships.
Before you submit your application(s), be sure that you read the information about each scholarship thoroughly and that you understand the conditions.
You may apply for more than one scholarship, as long as you fulfil the eligibility criteria. However, it is only possible to be awarded one scholarship from Uppsala University. You specify all the scholarships that you are applying for, in one scholarship application form online in the next step.
You need to submit an online application form during the scholarship application period.
Your application should include the following information:
- your personal details,
- the Bachelor's or Master's programme at Uppsala University that you applied for as your first priority,
- which scholarship programme(s) you are applying to,
- the application number that you got at universityadmissions.se.
In the online scholarship application form, you do not need to submit any documents. However, you must write a motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship. Your motivational letter should not exceed 350 words and should reflect the eligibility criteria of the scholarship programme.
There is no application fee when applying for Uppsala University's scholarships.
Do not miss the deadline
Make sure you submit your scholarship application on time. We do not accept late applications.
Please do not apply for the scholarship if you:
- do not meet the entry requirements for admission to Uppsala University;
- have not selected a programme at Uppsala University as your first choice in your application at universityadmissions.se;
- will not be able to secure the funding needed to cover your cost of living, as required by the Swedish Migration Agency, even if you are awarded a scholarship that covers the cost of tuition. See information about the cost of living for students in Sweden.
Uppsala University’s scholarships are for students who are liable to pay tuition fees. The selection is merit-based. The scholarships are aimed at academically talented students who show an interest in being in an educational environment. Information about your academic performance will be obtained from the supporting documents that you submit when applying for Master's or Bachelor's studies at universityadmissions.se. The written motivational letter filled in your online scholarship application is also taken into account in the selection process.
Financial need is not a factor we consider.
The scholarship selection process takes place at the same time as the programme admission selection process. In order to be admitted to a study programme and be awarded a scholarship, you must meet all the general and programme-specific entry requirements for the study programme, as well as all the eligibility criteria for the scholarship programme.
Applicants who submit incomplete applications or do not apply on time will not be considered for a scholarship at Uppsala University.