Master's Programme in Energy Technology – ENTECH
Do you want to solve future energy challenges through new technologies and entrepreneurship? The Master's Programme in Energy Technologies (ENTECH) is a dual degree programme offered in cooperation with EIT InnoEnergy. You will master the latest technologies in energy and learn complementary skills in innovation, venture creation, creative thinking, tolerance for ambiguity and more.
The Master's Programme in Energy Technologies (ENTECH) offers:
- A double degree from two top technical European universities
- A comprehensive range of courses in sustainable energy to build your own study path
- Complementary training in innovation, entrepreneurship and digital skills
- Access to EIT InnoEnergy, Europe's largest sustainable energy ecosystem including 500+ industry partners and 280+ start-ups
This is a joint programme, offering collaboration with top technical European universities: Instituto Superior Tecnico in Portugal, Grenoble INP in France and Uppsala University in Sweden. In addition, innovation & entrepreneurship activities are offered jointly with EIT InnoEnergy and UnternehmerTUM, start-up accelerator of TU Munich.
Find more information at the international page of the programme.
You must have completed a Bachelor's degree worth a minimum of 180 ECTS credits OR an equivalent academic qualification from an internationally recognised university with background in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, mechatronics engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering, energy engineering, electronic engineering. You have excellent English skills, either from a Bachelor's programme taught fully in English or as proven by an English test. You are highly motivated and willing to take responsibility for creating your own study profile among a wide range of subjects and courses.
The programme leads to the degree of Master of Science (120 credits) with Energy Technology as the main field of study and, in addition, an equivalent degree from one of the partner universities.
In the two-year programme, you choose to study at two of the partner universities. The first year you can study at Instituto Superior Técnico in Portugal or Uppsala University in Sweden. In the second year, all students are required to change their study location to either: Grenoble INP in France, Uppsala University in Sweden, KIT: Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in Germany or Instituto Superior Técnico in Portugal. Please note that you cannot study in the same location for two years as the programme's mobility aspect means that students receive a double degree, one from each university they have chosen to study at. A wide variety of topics in energy technologies is offered at partner universities.
An important part of the studies is Innovation & Entrepreneurship Journey, a unique set of activities outside of classroom that you follow during your Master's with EIT InnoEnergy Master School. During Innovation & Entrepreneurship Journey students:
- Benefit from exclusive partnership with Siemens Energy, in which the company provides a yearly case for you to tackle through energy technology solutions.
- Learn how to develop an innovation idea into a minimum viable product with UnternehmerTUM, start-up accelerator of TU Munich and a leader in innovation and business creation.
Courses within the programme
The programme offers a large number of courses. Details about which courses and specialisations are offered within the programme can be found on EIT InnoEnergy Master School website.
The courses taught at Uppsala University can be found in the programme outline.
The programme is modularly structured, which means that you have excellent opportunities to customise your study profile with the help of the teachers at the different universities. There is a wide and varied range of courses. The teaching and examination forms vary between different courses.
The programme is fully taught in English.
When you join Europe's largest accelerator, you gain privileged access to exciting jobs, internships, mentoring and thesis opportunities. EIT InnoEnergy provides dedicated expert professional support to students of this programme, ensuring that they make a smooth and empowered transition into the labour market.
As a student of MSc programme in Energy Technologies- Entech, you gain exclusive access to an ecosystem of 500+ energy industry partners - corporations, start-ups and world-class research centres, who are actively recruiting top talent.
This comprehensive career approach results in 94% of EIT InnoEnergy students employed within 6 months after graduation while 77% of them are employed in Europe. Graduates of this programme work mainly as business developers, energy analysts, mechanical engineers, product managers, project engineers, research assistants and test engineers. Some of the most common employers include Hitachi ABB Power Grids, Northvolt, PwC, Siemens, EDP, Fraunhofer Institute and more.
During your time as a student, UU Careers offers support and guidance. You have the opportunity to take part in a variety of activities and events that will prepare you for your future career.
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2023
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2022
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2021, version 2
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2021, version 1
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2020
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2019
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2018
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2017
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2016
- Programme syllabus valid from Autumn 2015
- Outline valid from Autumn 2023
- Outline valid from Autumn 2022
- Outline valid from Autumn 2021
- Outline valid from Autumn 2020, version 2
- Outline valid from Autumn 2020, version 1
- Outline valid from Autumn 2019
- Outline valid from Autumn 2017, version 2
- Outline valid from Autumn 2017, version 1
- Outline valid from Autumn 2016, version 2
- Outline valid from Autumn 2016, version 1
- Outline valid from Autumn 2015