Your rights

Every employee and student has a shared responsibility to contribute to a good working environment. What rights and regulations apply to your working conditions as a student? What are equal opportunities, and how do they benefit you? And who can you turn to if you have questions or need help?

Who can I turn to?

If you have questions about working environment or equal opportunities

Start by contacting someone at your department if you have questions regarding your study and work environment or equal opportunities. It can be a study counsellor, teacher, programme coordinator or director of studies. For further help, you can contact central services at the University:

  • The head of department is responsible for investigating harassment and abusive discrimination at the department. The head of department is also responsible for ending any harassment.
  • The study counsellor is bound to professional secrecy. If you want to make a report, the study counsellor can be a support in this.
  • You can also talk to a teacher or director of studies or someone else on the University's staff whom you trust.

The Student Health Centre has counsellors and psychologists who will assist you in times of need.

If you would like to make a complaint about your courses, programme or study environment, you should first contact your department. Read more about how you can make a complaint.

The student unions have liaison officers, faculty coordinators and safety representatives who work with advice and support to students in work environment and study-related issues.

There are also student and PhD student ombudsmen who can inform you on the rules and rights that apply at the University. They provide advice and assistance to resolve problems related to your studies.

Student unions