Earth Sciences Library
The Earth Sciences Library is unstaffed but you are welcome to use our digital information desk Ask the Library.
Different opening hours for access without a campus card may apply. See the campus website.
The library is on the entrance floor of the building.
There is a door opener into the building at the main entrance closest to the carpark. There are no door openers to the library, the quiet reading halls or the group rooms.
Borrow and return
The self-service machine is located to the left of the library entrance. After returning material in the machine, please place it in the return box. You can also return books borrowed at our other libraries.
Your loans are renewed automatically where possible.
Books for pickup
Books that you have requested or queued for can be found on the trolley to the left of the library entrance.
Interlibrary loans and articles
Interlibrary loans and articles can be found on the trolley to the left of the library entrance. Interlibrary loans do not need to be registered in the self-service machine.
- No food is allowed in the library.
- Water and coffee are allowed if you have a top on your cup or bottle.
- There is a café, lunch restaurant, and a pantry with microwave ovens in other parts of the building.
- Various seats for group work or individual studies: 58
- Seats in quiet study halls: 36 (with 6 computers)
- Seats with computers: 10
– with adjustable desks: 1
- Sofas that seat two: 1
- Armchairs: 2
- Group rooms, can be reserved: 2
How to find the Earth Sciences Library
Street address: Villav. 16
Postal address: Villav. 16, 752 36 UPPSALA