Library for Economic Sciences (Ekonomikum)
The entrances closest to the carpark and into the library have door openers, but there are not any into the quiet reading hall or to the group rooms. Contact the information desk and we will come assist you in entering the building.
All the computers are on tables that can be raised and lowered.
Parking for visitors with handicap parking permits can be found on the parking lot toward the Observatory/Ekonomikumparken as well as toward Kyrkogårdsgatan.
Borrow and return
For loans, use the machine located at the circulation desk. For returns, use the machine located outside the library. Books can also be returned there when the library is closed. You can also return books borrowed at our other libraries.
Your loans are renewed automatically where possible.
Books for pickup
Books that you have requested or queued for can be found to the right when you enter the library.
Interlibrary loans and articles
Interlibrary loan books and copies of articles can be picked up at the circulation desk during library opening hours.
- Annual reports – the room immediately to the right.
- Periodicals – to the left in the main room.
- Lexicons and dictionaries – in the quiet reading hall.
- Reports and older editions of periodicals are provided by staff. Ask for assistance at the information desk.
- No food is allowed in the library.
- Water and coffee are allowed if you have a top on your cup or bottle.
- There is a café, lunch restaurant, and a pantry with microwave ovens in other parts of the building.
Total number of seats: 233
Seats in the low voice zone Hyllan (one flight up): 93
Seats in the quiet study hall: 66
– with adjustable desks: 2
Seats with computers at adjustable desks: 6
Various seats for group work or individual studies: 50
Seats in The Digital Library Lab: 10
Close by you will find 8 bookable group study rooms.
The database Svenska dagstidningar
One of the computers has full access to the Royal Library's database Svenska dagstidningar. The computers are bookable weekdays 09:00-12:00, and are free to use for everyone when there is no booking (It is also possible to book a computer at the Karin Boye Library or at the Carolina Library.
How to find the Library for Economics Sciences
Street address: Kyrkogårdsg. 10
Postal address: Box 513, 751 20 UPPSALA