Is this programme right for you?
Meet a student on the programme
Name: Natalie Storm
If you are interested in the quantitative and qualitative detective-like work, and how different instruments can help you along the way, then this program is just right.
How did you choose your programme?
– I thought that the instrumental analyses during my bachelor's degree were fun, and it sparked my interest in wanting to learn more in-depth about how they work. Since both the programme's curriculum and Uppsala as a student city and university attracted me, I chose to apply here.
What is the best thing about studying at Uppsala University?
– During my studies, I have had the opportunity to be exposed to so many different research areas, both in chemistry in general and in analytical chemistry. It has also been instructive with a lot of practical elements, both course labs as well as the design of my project work.
What is most challenging?
– If something is tough at school or in my personal life, I have always been able to rely on my friends and classmates, which has been invaluable as a student in a new city.
Name three things you are doing this week!
– I will make my own extraction columns for an upcoming lab, start my training on a molecule identification software, and meet some friends for a coffee.
What is your reason for studying, or your ultimate goal?
– I wanted to deepen my knowledge in analytical chemistry, especially in mass spectrometry, which I got. To have the opportunity to apply my knowledge to problems in chromatography and mass spectrometry is something I would like to work more with, where I can continue to broaden my competence in the field.
Describe the student life!
– There is always something to do, and everyone can find something they enjoy doing. Why not have brunch with your friends at a nation, or take advantage of one of the many places that offer student discounts? Student life makes Uppsala feel very alive as a city!
What advice and tips would you give to someone considering applying for this programme?
– A lot of what you learn in this course is highly desirable when you enter the job market. If you are interested in the quantitative and qualitative detective-like work, and how different instruments can help you along the way, then this program is just right. Don't hesitate to apply!
Three quick questions
Favourite place in your student city?
– Old Uppsala.
What is the best student tradition at Uppsala University?
Where is the best place to study?
– Carolina Rediviva.
- For questions about the programme, please contact the programme coordinator:
- For programme-specific information, please contact the study counsellor:
- For admissions-related or general information, please contact our applicant support team: