Media and Communication Studies C: Theory in Media Studies
Reading list, Bachelor's level, 2IV168
A revised version of the reading list is available.
Main group 1
- Scannell, Paddy, Media and communication, London, Sage, 2007Compulsory
- Dines, Gail. et al., Gender, race, and class in media: a critical reader, Fifth edition., 2018Compulsory
- Lagerkvist, Amanda, Digital existence: ontology, ethics and transcendence in digital culture, Abingdon, Oxon, Routledge, 2019Compulsory
- Rust, Stephen; Monani, Salma; Cubitt, Sean, Ecomedia: key issues, Abingdon, Oxon, Routledge, 2016Compulsory
Articles, approximately 300 pages.
Recommended literature and resources
- Durham, Meenakshi Gigi; Kellner, Douglas, Media and cultural studies: keyworks, 2., [rev.] ed., Chichester, John Wiley & Sons, 2012
- Ouellette, Laurie; Gray, Jonathan, Keywords for media studies, New York, New York University Press, cop. 2017
- Thornham, Sue; Bassett, Caroline; Marris, Paul, Media studies: a reader, 3. ed., Edinburgh, Edinburgh University Press, cop. 2009
- Williams, Raymond, Keywords: a vocabulary of culture and society, New edition., Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2014