Programming with C/C++ 2: Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 5SD803
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science G1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G), Pass with distinction (VG)
- Finalised by
- The Department Board, 3 February 2016
- Responsible department
- Department of Game Design
The course is part of the Bachelor's Programme in Game Design and Programming, 180 credits.
General entry requirements and Mathematics 3c or Mathematics D
Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
- explain Ordo (Big O) complexity in time,
- analyse performance in algorithms and data structures,
- use and implement basic algorithms and data structures,
- understand the consequences of the choice of algorithms and data structures, and will also
- know about frequently occurring design patterns in program construction.
The course covers the fundamentals of implementation and data structures such as linked lists, stacks, queues, hash tables and trees as well as sorting and search algorithms. The course also takes up frequently occurring design patterns: flyweight, observer, permit, abstract factory and visitor.
Lectures, teacher-led exercises and laboratory work with compulsory hand-in assignments.
Assessment is of hand-in assignments.
The possible grades for the course are Pass with Distinction, Pass or Fail.
Plagiarism and Cheating
Uppsala University has a strict attitude towards cheating and plagiarism and disciplinary measures will be taken against students who are suspected of involvement in any kind of cheating/plagiarism. The disciplinary measures take the form of a warning and suspension for a limited period.
NB: Only a completed course may be counted towards a degree.