Is this programme right for you?
What people say about the programme
Meet the students Maja and Orlando and listen to their reasons for choosing the programme. What do you study within the programme and why choose Campus Gotland?
Meet a student on the programme
Name: Lara-Patricia Brokmeier
I did not know much about energy transition, to be honest, and this programme has given me a great understanding of all the challenges and possibilities connected to it.
Why did you choose this programme?
– Firstly, I really loved the location and the size of the Campus. And secondly, I was hoping that studying this programme might give me good chances of finding a job afterwards, since it is quite a new field of study and people with our background will be needed more and more now and in the future.
Does the program live up to your expectations?
– Definitely! I was not really expecting anything before I started the programme, but it was the right choice for me. I did not know much about energy transition, to be honest, and this programme has given me a great understanding of all the challenges and possibilities connected to it. Moreover, it was a great first university programme as you really get to learn how to work scientifically and it provides you with all the basics.
What was the beginning of the semester like?
– There are a lot of events happening in the beginning and that is where you get in contact with a lot of students from all programmes at Campus Gotland. The Campus is so small that you really get to know people quite fast.
What has been most interesting so far?
– For me, the most interesting was to work for the municipality here on Gotland. In our 5th semester, we get to choose what we would like to do. We can go on exchange studies, study other courses or do an internship. I was lucky to get an internship and work directly with the local energy transition on Gotland. I was given a project to work with a digital tool that helps cities and municipalities to create their living climate action plan and set goals to reduce emissions.
How is the unity within your programme?
– Some classes are very close. I guess that is only possible with the size of classes that we have. It was great to study together with students from all over the world. And it is great if you study energy transition, as you get different perspectives and learn how the energy system looks like in other countries.
What is your goal with this programme?
– To get a broad understanding of energy transition and sustainability and to be well prepared for work life. And I really think the programme achieves that. We had many possibilities in the programme to work on real projects and feasibility studies with external actors in the energy transition on Gotland.
What do you hope you are doing in five years?
– Well, I know that I will definitely stay in Sweden and I will move up to Jämtland after my studies. In five years, I hope I am working either at the municipality there or maybe for a consultancy firm working with sustainability or emission reduction.