Programming with C/C++ 1: Introduction
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 5SD802
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science G1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G), Pass with distinction (VG)
- Finalised by
- The Department Board, 31 March 2021
- Responsible department
- Department of Game Design
The course is part of the Bachelor's programme Game Design and Programming, 180 Credits.
General entry requirements and Mathematics 3c/Mathematics D
Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
- use programming methodologies to design and implement programs,
- explain fundamental concepts such as classes, information hiding, constructors, methods and other related, object-oriented concepts,
- understand dynamic and static memory management,
- carry out testing and troubleshooting,
- explain how to compile and run programs.
The course provides an introduction to programming with C and C++ using data types, algorithms, objectoriented analysis and design. The course also takes up various programming techniques such as design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting and documentation.
Lectures, teacherled exercises and laboratory work with compulsory handin assignments.
Examination is based on assignments handed in during the course.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the University´s disability coordinator.
Uppsala University does not accept cheating or plagiarism. Suspected incidents of cheating or plagiarism are reported to the Vice-Chancellor, which may issue a formal warning to the student or suspend the student from studies for a certain period.
NB: Only a completed course may be counted towards a degree.