Air Quality and Applied Meteorology
Course, Master's level, 1TV028
Spring 2024 Spring 2024, Uppsala, 100%, On-campus, English
- Pace of study
- Teaching form
- Instructional time
- Study period
- 15 January 2024–17 March 2024
- Language of instruction
- Entry requirements
120 credits of which 90 credits should be in science/engineering and include the course Meteorology, Hydrology and Environmental Measurement Techniques, 15 credits. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
Higher education credits in science and engineering (maximum 240 credits)
If you are not a citizen of a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland, you are required to pay application and tuition fees.
- Application fee: SEK 900
- First tuition fee instalment: SEK 36,250
- Total tuition fee: SEK 36,250
- Application deadline
- 16 October 2023
- Application code
Admitted or on the waiting list?
- Registration period
- 14 December 2023–14 January 2024
- Information on registration.
About the course
In the course, you utilise your knowledge of the atmosphere on applications other than weather and climate. The course addresses:
- techniques for modelling and quantifying air pollution and sound propagation in the atmospheric boundary layer
- techniques used for cleaning of air pollution and noise reduction
- methods used for wind resource calculations, which are used as basis for wind power establishment
- methods for calculating the mean and extreme climate of wind, temperature and precipitation and how these can be used in societal climate dimensioning and climatic stress (buildings, bridges, ponds, energy carriers, etcetera).