The Ångström Library is relocating
The Ångström Library is relocating to house 10 in the new house at Ångström Laboratory and will open in new premises on 7 February.
The week before the library opens in building 10, the relocation will be carried out in stages:
- 31 January–2 February: The literature is transported. It is possible to borrow books that are still on the shelves. The self service machine is still available
- 3 February–6 February: The library is closed and it is not possible to borrow or return books. If you need to return books during this time, please visit one of our other libraries.
- 7 February: The library opens at house 10.
- 2 February: Makerspace och Visualisation lab are closed and might be partly unavailable
- 24 January–28 January, and 31 January–4 February. Makerspace reopens in the new premises next to the library in building 10, 7 February–10 February.
The Ångström Library will continue to be a library with self service, which means no staffed library desk. Please contact us via Ask the Library (Fråga biblioteket) for help via chat, email or phone, weekdays 9 am-6 pm.
Find your way in the new library
The library is located on two levels. On the entrance level you will find course books and parts of the library book collection. You will also find shelves for books that you have ordered, including interlibrary loans. There will be a self-service machine for borrowing and returning books.
There will also be new attractive study places of different kinds, several group study rooms, a copying room and computers.
The library also provides VR equipment, touch screens, computers with special software and eventually a recording studio.
Ångström Makerspace will continue to be managed by the library and run by student co-workers and will be relocated next to the library at the entry level in building 10.
At level K1, the main parts of the library book collection will be placed and there will also be a self service machine for borrowing books. You return all books at the entry level.