User terms for campus cards
You must first read and accept Uppsala University's user terms for the campus card in order to obtain a card.
- You are not allowed to lend out your card so as to give access to unauthorised people
- You are not allowed to keep your PIN code next to your card.
- You are not allowed to make modifications of any kind on your card.
- Misuse of your card may result in its deactivation.
When you pass doors where an access card is needed
- Always make sure that doors close properly after you.
- You may not allow unauthorised persons onto the premises to which you have access.
- Do not keep doors open for too long; eventually an automatic alarm will go off requiring you to close it immediately. Any sustained alarm will alert security personnel!
If you lose your card, it is important that you block it as soon as possible. You can do this yourself in the service portal. You can also ask the reception desk at any campus for help.
Processing personal data in the University security systems
Information concerning management of personal data in security systems at Uppsala University, as stipulated and regulated by the General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR (EU) 2016/679
- For security reasons, Uppsala University will use certain personal data about you for verification of identities and any related purposes.
- Personal data includes name, social security number, course(s) taken, address, etc.
- Personal data will also be used in the administration of access systems.
- You have the right to request to inspect any electronic information stored specifically about you.
Information used from the system
Your personal data connected to your access card may be viewed when a breach of security is being investigated.