Erasmus grant for studies
Students who are going on an Erasmus exchange receive an Erasmus grant for studies.
How to apply for the grant
You first apply for an Erasmus exchange, i.e. exchange studies at a university in one of the countries that are a part of Erasmus+. There are two ways to do this:
- Via the Unit for International Mobility through the page about exchange studies.
- Via your department or faculty through the page study abroad through a faculty or department.
After you have been offered an Erasmus exchange studies spot and accepted it, you will receive information on how to submit your Erasmus grant application.
The grant does not provide full cost coverage. It is a contribution intended to cover additional costs during your exchange studies. The size of the grant may vary from one year to the other.
Group 1 consists of programme countries with higher living costs:
Group 2 consists of programme countries with lower living costs:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- North Macedonia
Application for the Erasmus grant for studies
- 1 to 15 November 2023 for students going on an Erasmus exchange beginning in the spring semester of 2024.
- 1 to 15 May 2024 for students going on an Erasmus exchange beginning in the autumn semester of 2024.
Instructions on how to apply
Instructions for the Erasmus grant are described in a grant manual. It contains instructions on how to apply for the grant and your obligations as an Erasmus student.
Temporary changes and extra drop-in sessions
Extra drop-in sessions
- Friday 10 November 2023 at 13:00–14:00
- Wednesday 15 November 2023 at 13:00–14:00
- For questions about exchange studies or freestanding courses through ENLIGHT: email@example.com.
- For questions about Erasmus traineeship grant, Erasmus grant for studies, Erasmus grant for blended mobility or the International Credit Mobility grant: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-in: Consult an International Officer
Meet with our International Officers to discuss your inquiries regarding studies or traineeships abroad. You have the option to connect through Zoom or have an in-person meeting.
Kindly be aware that drop-in sessions will not be available on public holidays and during breaks such as Christmas, Easter, and summer vacations.